As a member of the organization’s Marketing, Communications, and Corporate Relations Team, the Director of Communications and Media Relations will identify, develop, and implement comprehensive communications strategies which elevate awareness, engagement, and support of Easterseals among key external audiences, specifically national media, legislators, funders, individual donors and potential consumers of Easterseals services, to advance the organization’s Network Strategic Plan as well as that of the department’s.
The Survey Developer and Analyst will report to the VP, Data and Information Management and be an integral member of a new data strategy team.
The Easterseals National Office is embarking on an integrated data strategy for itself and its 67 affiliates, collectively known as the Network. This data strategy will establish a data collection infrastructure and reporting system and a national survey platform to collect consistent data from across the Network to advance its purpose to lead the way to 100% equity, inclusion, and access for people with disabilities and the greater community. The data strategy will provide stakeholders with trusted, easy to access and use data that accurately reflects the impact of our services, yields actionable insights, and drives future-forward decision making. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who enjoys a clean slate and is willing to not only learn and evolve with the organization but help to lead the transformation.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is a naturally curious, self-starter who makes a habit of asking relevant questions
• Pays attention to detail but does not let over-analysis or perfectionism prevent you from meeting deadlines or acting with urgency when necessary
• Knows how to keep it simple so audiences easily understand
• Looks beyond the data to application
• Is willing to develop an understanding of the staff, services, operations, and clients of the Easterseals Network to bring context to survey development and value to data analysis
• Sees ambiguity as an opportunity
- This position is not an academic research position, but seeks to use data to drive business outcomes
- Manage survey lifecycle from development to distribution to analysis
- Develop surveys that provide actionable insights, demonstrate outcome and impact, connect to business outcomes, and track NPS and KPIs through standardized methodologies, question sequence and phrasing, and application of data governance policies
- Analyze survey data and deliver in various easy-to-understand formats, such as Excel charts, graphs, as well as reports, presentations, visualizations, dashboards, and infographics
- Serve as an administer for the SoGoSurvey platform including user management
- Train and support both National and Affiliate staff on using the survey platform including creating documentation, delivering training, answering questions, etc.
- Integrate survey data with internal (e.g., staffing, services, service locations, etc.) and external (e.g., census, demographic, geographic, economic, etc.) data sets to further insights
- Develop method for longitudinal insights to understand the outcome and impact of Easterseals initiatives while allowing for the ability to forecast new trends or areas of opportunities for the Easterseals network
Confidently communicate findings to stakeholders, e.g., executive leadership, donors, funders, policymakers, etc.
- Use data to identify where business value can be created and provide recommendations
As the organization evolves, lead more complex survey and research projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of a survey platform such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, SoGoSurvey, etc.
- Advanced expertise with Excel and creating charts, graphs, dashboards, and reports
- Experience with other data tools such as PowerBI, Tableau a plus
- Comfortable conducting statistical analysis using tools such as Excel, SPSS, Displayr, R, Python, etc. to add insights to the analysis to design, develop and execute research studies from conception to completion
- Strong acumen in a variety of research methodologies including but not limited to quantitative research, focus groups, immersion research studies, and understanding which methodology is best to achieve the objectives or find answers to the questions asked
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills: ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Aptitude for logically breaking down complex problems and communicating solutions with clarity
- Willingness and desire to participate in unexpected projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in a field related to survey research (e.g., Social Science, Statistics, I/O Psychology) preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in survey development or research
Chicago Area-Hybrid/United States Remote
For your amazing talent and experience, Easterseals offers a competitive salary from $100k - $125K per year, plus a generous employee benefit package:
Employer Paid Life Insurance
AD&D, STD, LTD and EAP
11 Paid Holidays
Flexible Spending Account
Commuter Benefits CTA/Metra
Discounted garage parking
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submitted resumes on behalf of third-party recruiters will become the property of Easterseals.
Solicitors, agency calls, and third-party recruiters are prohibited.